Photo by Margaret Chant and edited by Jessica Metropulos

Sunday, March 23, 2008

About Me

My name is Fran, and I am horse crazy. This blog will address anything in that world which I deem important enough for sharing. I must clarify though. I keep a lot of things to myself, and am terrible at keeping up with a regular blog, so bear with me if this is sporatic, I'll try to keep up with as best as possible.
In coming up with a paragraph to describe myself, I run into a problem. I am much older than I look, and I am much younger than I act. I'm an extremely deep thinker and an observer of behavior. I have a deep desire to learn anything and everything I can. If I had to list my interests, there would be four. Writing, psychology, playing with, riding, and developing horses, but above all that, teaching. My passion is in helping teach people how to savvy their horses, and my goal in life it to be a Parelli Professional.

I have two lovely horses, the first being a mare by the name of Princess. Princess is a 16.2hh sorrel and white tobiano Paint mare, born in 2001. She is my pride, joy, best friend, and greatest love in my life. Period. Princess and I are in the final tasks of level 3 of the Parelli Natural Horsemanship program, and enjoy doing low level dressage, as well as jumping. I would love to do some eventing with her later on after high school.
My second horse is a gelding by the name of Crest. Crest is a 15.3hh dark, dapple bay Thoroughbred/Paint cross. He's also a 2001 baby. I got Crest in 2005 as a challenge for myself when I began level 3, and a challenge he is proving to be. Crest is a big, strong, very opininated horse with lots going on in his head. He's a bit like the "Sybil" of the horse world, he's got multiple "horsenalities" and he uses them very well on me. He challenges me every day as a budding horseman, and I thank him for it. He's turning me into more of a well rounded horse handler, whether I like it or not, and I REFUSE to give up on him. We are somewhere in level 2 at the moment, ask me on three different days and I'll give you three different answers.

I am a Parelli Natural Horsemanship student, advocate, and believer to the death. What the savvy system has done for horses and people all around the world is mind boggling to me, and I will recommend, defend, and use it for the rest of my life.

I think that pretty much sums up Fran in a nutshell. I'm really quite one track minded, and in all, the things I do in my life are all linked into my horsemanship somehow. Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Should I try to convince my parents for us to go to the ISC in Florida?
Love ya!

Tina said...

I just audited my first L1 clinic this past weekend (with Nita Jo Rush - 10 miles from me!) and am trying to decide if Parelli is right for me and my Percherons. I've been reading through some Parelli blogs and am thinking that I might try it. We've done some Clinton Anderson things in the past to work through some issues, but, being very goal oriented, I love the assessments and the fact that Nita is so close helps a lot! I haven't had a chanc eto play with my mares yet, but am excited to do so. It's inspiring to read about people who are doing it and to learn from you! Tina playswithpercherons@hotmail.com