Photo by Margaret Chant and edited by Jessica Metropulos

Monday, April 14, 2008

Tales of an Extrovert

Oh dear me.

Played with Crest for a short time today. My horse is SUCH an extrovert, its amusing. Played for about 5 min on the ground on the 12' line, doing some circling, and a little bit of jumping, then hopped on. LBE extrordinaire, go figure, I could just FEEL him wanting to kick up his heels and crow hop, what a dork.

Did some random patterns, etc, doing VERY well, working on energy and transitions, etc. Then I rode to a corner to work on backing without reins (usually does pretty well without the corner, but it was convenient-lol) and Crest the RBE made a very brief appearance. I don't even know what it was that spooked him, but he wheeled out of the corner in a 180 fashion, and I was *almost* left sitting in midair, quite amazed that I stayed on actually, anyway, I was basically clinging by my inside rein (one rein stop) and my leg that was barely slung over, but I crawled back up and all ended well.

I quit on a particularly lovely trot-halt transition just off of energy, snuggled a little, and quit for the evening. Oy...extroverts.

No comments: