Photo by Margaret Chant and edited by Jessica Metropulos

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Mindless ramblings of the Tired Brain

I thought that when I graduated high school, I might have escaped the multiple nights of "not-enough-sleepness" in a row, but I guess not--blergh. I've gotten less than 9 hours of sleep 5 nights in a row now, so short blog then BED TIME!

I'm seriously starting to get drained by my insane schedule. I'm never home anymore (which is good, probably) but I'm starting to see an alarming decline in the amount of quality time MY horses are getting as a result, EEK! I'm teaching AT LEAST 8 (if not more) lessons a week, and am doing a lot of traveling to learn, too. While it's all a great time, and I LOVE what I'm doing, I'm worn out!

Farrah and I have the same tendency to get so excited about teaching that we forget that we have lives, too. Anyway, I'm not complaining, but if I seem a little out of it, that's why. I really need a long night's sleep.

Had a really amusing experience with Prin tonight. She's now inserted the spanish walk as her default "give me cookie now" trick, and it's getting rather hilarious. Any time I approach her now, she Spanish walks, and gives me this "SEE?!" expression, and of course it's so hilarious that I give her a cookie and crack up laughing. I have to be totally honest, I'm not sure which she enjoys more, the laughter or the cookie. Anyway, tonight, I decided to try to teach her to lift her leg up and hold it, kind of like "Shake" for a dog. Since she obviously gets the concept, I figured it'd be easy for her to at least try. And it was, but she'd hold it up and then paw the air. My horse is just so weird.

And on that note, I'm going to do laundry, then immerse myself in "The Fountainhead" until I fall asleep. Yet another busy day tomorrow.

Savvy out.

No comments: